Video+ Copyright Policy
Last Updated: September 30, 2023
This Video+ Copyright Policy (https://hoki.co/copyrights-policy) is a part of Video+’s privacy terms (https://hoki.co/privacy-videoplus/) and sets forth the process by which copyright holders and their agents may remove allegedly infringing materials available on one of Video+’s online services.
1. DMCA Policy
Video+ respects the intellectual property of others and expects its users to do the same. Each user must ensure that the materials they upload do not infringe any third-party copyright. Video+ will promptly remove materials in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) when properly notified that the materials infringe a third party’s copyright. Video+ will also, in appropriate circumstances, terminate the accounts of repeat copyright infringers.
In filing any request, please ensure that your notice is complete and that your statements are accurate. If we request additional information necessary to make your notice complete, please provide that information promptly. If you fail to provide the required information, your request may not be processed further. For non-copyright complaints, please contact us at email@example.com
2. DMCA Takedown Notices
To request the removal of materials based upon copyright infringement, you must file a notice containing the following:
1. Your name, address, telephone number, and email address (if any).
2. A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
3. A description of where on Video+’s service the material that you claim is infringing may be found, sufficient for Video+ to locate the material (e.g., the URL for the video).
4. A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
5. A statement by you UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
6. Your electronic or physical signature.
You may file your notice:
• By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Video+ may disclose notices with affected users and third-party databases that collect information about copyright takedown notices.
3. DMCA Counter-Notifications
If you are a Video+ user who wishes to challenge the removal of materials caused by a DMCA takedown notice, you must file a counter-notification containing the following:
1. Your name, address, and telephone number.
2. A description of the material that was removed and the location on Video+’s service where it previously appeared (e.g., the URL of the video).
3. A statement UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification.
4. A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Singapore Court, you will accept service of process from the person who filed the original DMCA notice or an agent of that person.
5. Your electronic or physical signature.
You may submit this notice:
• By email: email@example.com
Video+ will forward any complete counter-notification to the person who filed the original DMCA notice. The copyright owner(s) may elect to file a lawsuit against you for copyright infringement. If we do not receive notice that such a lawsuit has been filed within ten (10) business days after we provide notice of your counter-notification, we may restore the challenged materials. Until that time, your materials will remain removed.
4. Repeat Infringers
Video+ will terminate user accounts that receive three (3) DMCA strikes. A “DMCA strike” accrues each time that material is removed from a user’s account due to a DMCA notice. We may group multiple DMCA notices received within a short period of time as a single DMCA strike.
We may remove a DMCA strike in appropriate circumstances, such as where (1) the underlying material is ultimately restored due to a DMCA counter-notification; or (2) the claimant withdraws the underlying notice.
We may terminate user accounts that receive fewer than three (3) DMCA strikes in appropriate circumstances, such as where the user has a history of violating or willfully disregarding our Terms of Service.
5. Video+’s Copyright Agent
You may address inquiries to Video+’s Copyright Agent:
Hoki Digital Pte Ltd
Attn: Copyrights Dept. – Copyright Agent